I’ve practically forgotten how old I am.
I practically forgot my birthday was even coming this year, we’ve been so busy moving, preparing for baby’s arrival, and looking at houses to buy.
Such is life as mom, I suppose.
And I’m okay with that. My "self" should take a back seat to family life and children. It’s the sacrifice called for when I accepted the vocation of wife and mother, and I’m happy to die to self and live for others.
Don’t get me wrong – I don’t forget my "self" completely – I thoroughly enjoyed "my day" today doing whatever I pleased. I worked on the computer (mostly answering comments at this post on the cost of raising kids, which was a busy one!), sat outside and talked to my husband while the kids played, soaked my feet in a Happy Feet herbal solution for tired mama feet (from Earth Mama Angel Baby), read my book, swam some laps by myself, and went out to eat. *sigh of contentment*
Now my wonderful, dutiful, doting, loving husband is putting the kids down, and here I am.
And do I have a deal for you!
Because it’s always more fun to give than to receive (unless you’re having a day like mine, maybe), I always like to give my readers a gift on my birthday.
31% Off Sale on All KS eBooks
You might be able to figure out how old I am by the incredibly creative sale I’m running…
Use the code BIRTHDAYTIME for 31% off any and all of the eBooks currently available at Kitchen Stewardship. This includes:
Healthy Snacks to Go, which sells for $6.95. The first book I published and best seller so far, HSTG rocks out school lunches and quick on the go snacks with over 20 recipes, including the keystone power bars – a reverse engineered Larabar with 14 flavor variations.
Check out photos, reviews and more HERE.
The bonus: Healthy Snacks to Go is getting a second edition this fall with a ton more recipes, transformations of current recipes and new tips to have even better success – and it’s free to everyone who buys the first edition! The price will increase when the pages increase, so it’s a great deal to buy now since you get the update as well.
The Family Camping Handbook, second edition, which is packed with tips and tools of the trade for camping with young children – and doing even better than surviving!
Kitchen Stewardship in the Big Woods also offers you 35 real food recipes to eat out in the wild. To check out the table of contents and read some reviews, click HERE.
The bonus: the second edition was published this summer at last year’s price for a week before increasing to $6.95, so this is the best deal yet on an excellent book for anyone wanting to take their families AND their real food out into the woods!
The Everything Beans Book, the newest and longest KS eBook. It’s filled with beany information on nutrition, how to cook dry beans, how to please the bean-haters, and of course, 30 recipes from appetizer to dessert. (Yep, dessert.) It’s the book I open the most on my own computer to do my weekly cooking, in fact.
Check it out and grab the free download HERE.
The bonus: TEBB is the best value because you get $3 off the book, much better than most of my sales – so all that info plus the family-friendly recipes for only $6.95!
You can check out all 3 eBooks on one page HERE in case you’re ready to stock up!
When does it end?
The sale will run until this new baby is born, and then within a day or so it will turn into a baby birth-day sale, with the % off equaling the little guy’s length in inches! ‘Cause that seemed like fun to do…
But there’s an even better deal…for newsletter subscribers only. I’ve already taunted you that I’ll include some extra baby photos not shared on the blog in this month’s KS newsletter (only comes to your inbox once a month), but I’m also having a newsletter-only 3-day 50% off eBook sale in August! If you’d rather wait for that one to come around, enter your email below (and get a free soaked grains recipe eBook) and be sure to watch for it to come through!
If You Want to Give Me a Birthday Present…
I would love prayers for my new little one, for a safe delivery and natural labor, for a good breastfeeding relationship…and basically that no. 3 can be an angel baby. Maybe even sleep through the night before age one, although that’s asking a lot in this family!
Thank you so much for your kindness, your prayers, and for being part of the KS community. You keep me thinking, keeping me learning, challenge and encourage me. I feel connected. I love you gals (& 2% guys)!
If you’re not a praying person or want to give me TWO birthday presents, my second choice is for you to "like" my Facebook page. One of my goals for 2011 is to get 10,000 Facebook fans by 2012. To do that, I’ve made a very conscious effort to be interesting, hilarious, noteworthy, and consistent with my updates. You’ll find much to supplement the blog content there and some truly fascinating discussions with others. Thanks for helping me reach my goal!
(My other goal was to work smarter, not harder…and I’m still working out the kinks in that one!!!)
Speaking of Babies…
I’ve had some fun writing about pregnancy and real food so far:
- Natural Methods to Avoid Morning Sickness
- Real Food & Natural Prenatal Vitamins
- Quick Meals for Busy Days (What to Eat When You’re Too Busy to Think!)
- Real Food Convenience Foods you can buy when you’re out of time
- Meals to Share with Others (what to bring those new mamas or ill friends)
- 5 Tips for Quick Cooking and 5 Meals I’m Using After Baby
- Super Foods for Pregnancy, a guest post from Donielle, who writes about natural fertility and food for fertility
- 10 Childbirth Norms Parents Can Refuse
And some baby posts that I hope to share with you in August:
- Favorite baby gear (that’s at least one post!)
- Snacks/to go lunch goodies that I can still make myself (although the comprehensive post with all the great ideas is here: Healthy School Lunches)
- What’s in my nursing nest
- 5 Newborn Procedures I Refuse
- Giveaway: $50 gift certificate to Mom4Life, where I’m enjoying a few products, including Loving Naturals sunscreen after liking it for last year’s natural sunscreen review
- Giveaway: an organic Moby Wrap from Lullaby Organics, where the boss lady Erin helped me out because I misplaced mine in the move! Horrors! (That’s the ONE baby item I’d choose if I could only have one…)
- What soap went with us to the hospital? I’m waiting on goat’s milk soap from MadeOn and natural baby soap from Earth Mama Angel Baby, plus I have a homemade version to try. Can’t wait to review for you!
- I’ll be eventually testing out as many cloth diaper brands as I can manage, similar to the reusable sandwich bags review I posted last year, but it will be a while.
A Fun Baby Shower!
While I’m gabbing babies, I should tell you that the Twitter baby shower that Renee from MadeOn Hard Lotion threw for me was a fabulous time and huge success! Many of my sponsors participated with prizes plus some new ones, including:
- Rockin’ Green Soap (for those cloth diapers and baby clothes)
- Monkey Doodlez (a cloth swim diaper!)
- Lisa Byrne at Well Grounded
- Shiloh Farms
- Green Pasture
- LPC Survival (Berkey sellers)
- Plan to Eat
- JoshEWEa’s Garden
- Fancy Mama Nursing Necklace
- Little Baby, Little Baby ebook from babybumpbonding.com (discount for $4 off = KATIEBABY through Aug. 10th.)
- Sarah Dyess Design
- GloryBee Foods
Thanks to all the sponsors, especially Renee of MadeOn lotion!
Donielle of Naturally Knocked Up threw me an in-real-life Blessingway (which is basically an excuse for ladies to get together to talk and eat and maybe pray me into safe labor…), and my friend Shannon of Organic Mamas brought me an awesome nursing bracelet. I’ll use it to keep track of when I last nursed and what side, thus giving baby’s nutrition a fighting chance against all the other distractions of my life!
A Few Deals at Nubius Organics this week:
I got these deals in my email and thoughts I’d share. I think they expire Wednesday, August 10th:
- Under the Nile organic cotton baby clothing
- Klean Kanteen for $15.95
- 4 reusable produce bags for under $20
Disclosure: This post includes a number of affiliate links, including MadeOn, Earth Mama Angel Baby, Nubius Organics, Mom4Life and Well Grounded. See my full disclosure statement here.