Did you know that some people who seem really comfortable around people are actually introverts?
Even though they may come across as bold, outspoken, and confident, being in a crowd drains them of energy. Extroverts like me get filled up and energized by social interaction. I love great conversation, and not surprisingly, if the subject is food (or blogging) I’m totally in my element.
The idea is to create a party scene where everyone gets to talk about real food, share ideas, even share recipes – but perfect for introverts and extroverts alike. (And you don’t have to put on makeup!)
We’ll pin ideas on six healthy living themes (one every 20 minutes for two hours) and then have real time conversations in the comments on the pins.
You’ll be able to:
- be a pinner on the group board to share ideas, advice and resources
- ask questions about recipes, strategies, etc.
- chit chat about what you enjoy about certain recipes
- share advice about what works for you to keep up with healthy eating
- repin ideas to your own boards to keep them for later (plus they’ll always be there on the group board, but you might want to grab a few favorites and organize them how you like them)
Want to play along? Just want a reminder in case you’re available?
Just put your name and email in the form below, and you’ll get an invite to the group board (on Feb. 5th) as well as a few reminder emails about the event. You need to follow “all boards” on my Pinterest account in order to be invited; it’s just how Pinterest works.
You can find out more information about the event HERE.
1. Do I have to pin? No. Even if you sign up on the form above, you can just “decline” the invite and simply visit the Healthy Eating Pinterest Board to participate in the action.
2. Do I have to have a Pinterest account? If you’re cool with being a wallflower, you can actually see the pins and the conversation just by refreshing the board page, so you can get all the information without being on Pinterest, just not interact yourself.
3. How do I participate? First, sign up above. You’ll get more instructions in an email. Second, during the party (9-11 p.m. EST on February 6th), just go to the group board and start browsing pins and commenting. Refresh the page to see more.
You can keep this page open in a separate tab to keep track of the themes, have the KS Facebook page open in another window and watch that, or just keep up with the pins and watch for the hostesses to pin the next giveaway prize and change the theme (but it’s possible that they’ll move really fast – I have no idea what to expect!).
4. Do I have to know a lot about real food? No way! The whole point of the party is to share resources, so people who are interested but inexperienced will be as much fun with their questions as those who know the answers.
5. What are some of the giveaways? Sponsors include my affiliates Mountain Rose Herbs and MOMables, as well as Crunch Pak, WholesomeOne and many products from the hostesses as well. Hopefully more to come!
I’m so excited to see how this little experiment plays out, and I hope it’s a very fun yet helpful diversion from whatever you perhaps should be doing on a Thursday evening in February.
Do you have any questions? We’d love for you to pin with us!
Join our Facebook community so you never miss an update!