In another week, all the heart-shaped everything will be gone and Pinterest will be back to being many shades of color rather than a menagerie of red and pink.
Just in case you’re still looking for something to include in Valentine’s cards for your kids and want to avoid candy and sugar, here’s what we did last year to rave reviews:
It’s not the most frugal option, I’ll admit – we bought these pouches (found on Amazon with my affiliate link) without any sugar at Costco, but they were still probably 25-50 cents a kid. (?) But they were cute!
If you want a super frugal, DIY no-food-at-all option, my son chose this mustache idea and we’re DIYing the mustache straws.
We considered a few others:
- fruit strips or cheese sticks here
- pencils here
- whole pieces of fruit with silly Valentine’s themed notes on them, like these free printables or the ones I gathered below…
Fun “Fruity” Valentine’s Notes
Simply going thru the produce section may inspire so fun and healthy Valentine treat ideas. Along with a fun note these will quickly become your kids favorite.
- Will you be my Clementine?
- Hi there, Kiwi Pie!
- Here’s a Cutie for the cutie (with a Clementine)
- I’m blueberry without you
- I’m bananas for you, Valentine
- Orange you going to kiss me?
- Slip into my arms, Valentine (with a banana)
- Cantaloupe tonight, dear, let’s wait for Valentine’s Day.
- You’re awfully a-peel-ing to me, Valentine (with a banana or string cheese or orange…)
Valentine’s Day Breakfast Surprise
Don’t forget to try a heart-shaped breakfast! The kids will be so excited to see this fun breakfast. Or get your kids in the kitchen and let them help with the fun!
Fun and Easy Valentine’s Day Party Ideas
If you happen to have the joy of planning a party for your child’s class, please be inspired by my healthy Valentine’s Day party treats and games.
Due to allergies most schools have a “no homemade” rule. Don’t feel trapped into bringing over processed treats, there are tons of healthy real food options…Healthy School Treats.
Enjoy the week, and Happy Valentine’s Day!