Kitchen Stewardship is dedicated to helping YOU balance God’s gifts of your family’s health, budget, the earth and your time while maintaining a prayerful attitude in the kitchen. What will you get as a subscriber?
Most readers at KS tend to appreciate the information (lots of it!), acceptance (our community is an awful lot of fun here), honesty, and humor, delivered daily in one of the following forms:
- Monday Missions. You won’t want to miss one once you get going – Monday Missions give you one change to make in your kitchen each week to better your family’s nutrition or care for the Earth.
- Baby Steps. I’m a big believer in little changes. Do one thing today better than you did yesterday. If you get overwhelmed easily, this is the place for you. We’re gentle in accepting baby steps!
- Giveaways. As a subscriber, you’ll get an extra entry in any KS giveaways. (In the past I’ve given away yogurt starters, books, cleaning products, and an Excalibur dehydrator. A Nutrimill grain mill is on the schedule for fall 2010.)
- Recipes. I share approximately one new recipe each week – usually frugal, always healthy, and I’m getting better at taking food photos, too, so guard your keyboard from the drool…
- Food for Thoughts. If you are of an academic mind and like to know the research behind the science of nutrition, I share easy-to-digest posts once per week connecting to the Monday Mission. Check out my popular Soaking Grains Exploration, for example.
- Mary and Martha Moments. Do you connect your faith to your food? I do. Join me on this wild journey to better stewardship of all our resources.
- Call to Actions. Every so often I’ll give you a simple way to make broader change outside your kitchen. Improve the way soap is marketed or protect the sanctity of life, all with a few clicks.
Bonus! Find all the Series and Carnivals at KS here, like the Fat Full Fall, the Real Food Face-Off, and Advent Daily Dose.
Enter your email address to have everything delivered right to your inbox:
Emails only come when I post something new, and then only one per day (even if I have multiple posts).
Get involved! Be a Kitchen Steward!
Kitchen Stewardship foundational habits include:
- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Homemade Yogurt
- Granola and Granola Bars
- Natural Kitchen Cleaners
- Using Super Foods
- Meal Plan to make life easier
- Utilize your Freezer
- Do Fewer Dishes
- and much more!
Foundational Habits are those which save the most money/time and improve your health/environment the most at the same time.