Beans Book a Great Resource
Is your grocery budget struggling?
Do you wish you could improve your family’s nutrition without breaking the bank?
Have you always wanted to use dry beans, but you’re afraid of the complexity of cooking them or just don’t have any good recipes?
I didn’t plan on food prices skyrocketing just as I released a book on cooking frugally, but these recipes and food storage and preparation techniques have suddenly become even more important. I’m thrilled to share an incredibly comprehensive resource explaining everything you want to know about beans and legumes.
- Why are they healthy?
- How do I cook with dry beans?
- How do I cook and store in bulk?
- What about picky eaters (the bean haters of the world)?
- How do I avoid gas?
- How do I get past the texture?
- And of course, 30 recipes from appetizer to dessert (Black Bean Brownies!), all spotlighting the most frugal and nourishing food I know: beans.
Beyond recipes, The Everything Beans Book also offers over 20 pages of information to facilitate your new love of beans and make sure you can cook with dry beans without any stress, and you even get the Kindle and Nook versions for free when you buy the PDF.
Enjoy a 21 Page Sampler of Everything Beans – on the House!
Signing up for the free download subscribes you to the KS monthly newsletter.
Beans, beans and more beans!
You’ll find recipes for homemade beans and rice, four styles, refried beans, wraps, Mexican fare, soups, pasta dishes, and even a dessert!
The only thing missing is homemade baked beans, just because I haven’t found a recipe I loved. (I do include links to two choices anyway.)
If you loved Healthy Snacks to Go, you’ll find similar helpful icons and familiar formatting to make sure everyone has success with every recipe.
I worked hard with recipe testers to make sure even the most nervous newlywed, new to the kitchen, could cook with beans with ease. Every recipe also includes frugal tips and substitution ideas so those of you who like to play with you recipes have somewhere to start. In essence, most dishes have enough extra versions that one could almost say there are 100 beans recipes in these 95 pages!
Beyond recipes, The Everything Beans Book also offers over 20 pages of information to facilitate your new love of beans and make sure you can cook with dry beans without any stress.
Check out the table of contents (click to enlarge):
A Sample Download
In case you missed it, you can grab a free download of one of the recipes most ideal for those who dislike beans (very kid-friendly!): Pasta with White (Bean) Sauce. Click HERE for your copy.
“Katie’s books are SUPER COMPREHENSIVE. This girl doesn’t forget a thing.” (Kelly the Kitchen Kop)
A Sneak Preview of the Dishes
Chickpea Wraps…good for the bean haters among you!
Why Pay for Recipes?
…when they’re free everywhere on the web? I do think paid content on a blog has its place, and here’s why The Everything Beans Book is well worth your money:
- It’s exactly what you need – frugal, bean-based recipes to cut your budget and increase your nutrition.
- You get a hefty amount of informative text, all in one place.
- Well tested recipes! Over two dozen recipe testers worked hard to make sure all the recipes are not only delicious, but easy enough for a nervous newlywed to understand. You can cook beans! In contrast, some bloggers (maybe me, ahem) might make a recipe once, type it up quickly and even hit “publish” without reading through it carefully because it’s bedtime. The Everything Beans Book is very much the opposite.
- It’s been meticulously edited by my crack team of helpers and the recipe testers.
- Easily printable and formatted for your kitchen.
- Although some recipes are already available online, they have been rigorously updated, extended and enhanced. I guarantee there will always be content that remains exclusive to the eBook and never online.
- And just in case you enjoy Kitchen Stewardship, purchasing eBooks really supports the rest of what I do for free here on the blog (including the free soaked grains ebook coming next month!).
If you are not happy with your beans book purchase for any reason, including realizing that dietary restrictions omit too many recipes for your use, I am happy to provide a full refund. Simply email with your purchase information and it will be taken care of, no questions asked.
Preview the table of contents when you download the 21-page sampler. Free for KS monthly newsletter subscribers. (Scroll up to sign up and get yours!)
Now in Print!
I’m excited to offer this resource in print now! I LOVE marking up recipes so I value a print version over an eBook for those family favorites. Available now from Amazon. (Affiliate link) Powered by Sidelines