A simple smoothie packed with fruits, vegetables and lots of nutrients.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 1/ tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 2 tsp. lard (optional)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Vital Proteins grassfed collagen
- 1 tsp. camu camu powder
- 2 capsules Vital Proteins desiccated liver (open capsules to use powder)
- 2 capsules moringa (about 1/2 tsp., open capsules to use powder)
- 1 capsule probiotics (open capsule to use powder), or 1 tsp. Miessence probiotics
- 3/4 cups water
- Cook spinach in broth with salt and lard 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach mixture to a blender.
- Add the blueberries, syrup, camu camu, liver, moringa, probiotics and water.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use/the next morning (do not blend at this point).
- Add the to the blender. Blend on high until well mixed.
- Pour and serve.
You can skip the spinach cooking step and simply add the frozen spinach, broth and salt to the blender with the other ingredients. Leave out the lard if preparing the smoothie with this method. However, cooking the spinach does reduce the oxalates present in spinach, which are tough on our systems. Try cooking the spinach as you’re prepping for dinner anyway and use that pot for dinner so you don’t make extra dishes!
Be sure to use frozen fruit or the smoothie texture will be mushy. (It will only thaw a tiny bit in the fridge overnight – trust me, use frozen.)
Keep any extra smoothie in the blender for use later in the day. Simply blend for 30 seconds again before serving.
I add the collagen in the morning only because it gets sticky and sticks to the sides of the blender, but if you need a one-and-done solution, feel free to add it during your evening prep.