- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (or palm shortening)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!)
- 1/3 cup organic raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut flour (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!), baking soda and salt. ,
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, mix together the butter (or palm shortening), coconut oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth and creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well to combine. Then add the shredded coconut; continuing to mix until well blended.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the raisins. Then drop the dough by rounded spoonfuls at least two inches apart onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Use your fingers to slightly flatten the cookies into rounds.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown along edges. Allow the cookies to completely cool on the cookie sheet, as they will be very soft and crumbly when hot.
- Once cooled, they transform into the ultimate deliciously chewy treat!
Reprinted with permission from Everyday Grain-Free Baking by Kelly Smith