Enjoy the abundance of the season with this delicious recipe. Makes a great summer salad, appetizer or entree!
- Cut the Farmer’s cheese into cubes.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan (I love to use my cast iron pan) and add the cheese cubes.
- Cook at a medium heat, stirring the cubes every minute, so they brown evenly on all sides.
- Meanwhile, chop the basil and add to the pan. Crispy, fried basil? Yum!!!
- Between stirring the cheese and basil, cut up the cherry tomatoes and arrange them on a plate.
- When cheese is browned evenly and looks crispy, transfer to the prepared plate of cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with Balsamic Vinegar, if you are so inclined. and a dash of pepper. You could even add a touch of
- Enjoy! While we prefer this dish served warm, it is also great at room temperature.