- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (or “homemade” double boiler, see below for directions).
- Stir frequently.
- Mix the popcorn, nuts and dried fruit in a bowl. When the chocolate is completely smooth and creamy, pour it over the mixture and use a spatula to mix it all thoroughly together.
- Store in an airtight container.
* We liked dried cherries or cranberries the best, but raisins, chopped dates, or even apricots would certainly be delish.
* Add 1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips to the mix to make it a truly decadent dessert.
*If you don’t have a double boiler, do what I do and rest a smaller pot inside a larger pot. Put enough water in the larger pot so that it touches the smaller pot. This will ensure even heating of the chocolate in the smaller pot and no scalding and burnt chocolate and tears from the cook.