- I am grateful for God’s sacrifice, of His only Son, for my sin.
- I honor Jesus for giving his Body and Blood to save my soul and those I love (and don’t love!).
- For my Guardian Angel (and the fleet that are clearly protecting my busy children from harm!)
- For Tradition, that I have the opportunity to benefit from 2,000 years of Catholic teaching
- For my family
- For my breath, my talents, my opportunities for humility
- For my beloved friends
- For the innocence of children…My two favorite Eucharist stories:
- When my son was somewhere around 18-24 mos., he had Chex cereal as a snack in church. I looked down and realized that he was holding each piece up in the air in front of his face, bowing his head, placing the cereal deliberately into his other palm, and consuming it. !!! Proud mama! Some kids play G-I-Joe, my kid’s playing “priest.”
- My daughter has become curious about what is in my mouth lately, and when I receive communion she tries to get her fingers in there, saying, “Zhee-zus!” If only we all were so curious and had such yearning to get our hands on a little Jesus!
Start at the beginning of this series here.
Advent Daily Dose starts next Monday!Photo sources: close-up of host from sheflin_photo, One Bread, One Body from mike52ad, vessels from Bea Kotecka, Eucharistic table from Leo ClomaGratituesdays at Heavenly Homemakers