Since I am pining to write a book, I sort of stalk other bloggers who have successfully been published. When Mindful Momma tweeted about packing up books for review by others, I raised my hand!
Micaela Preston’s book, Practically Green: Your Guide to Ecofriendly Decision-Making is a perfectly concise, simple summary of all the basic steps you can take to “green up” your household, from the kitchen to the garage and everything in between. Preston fills her text with resources, both online and in the real world, to help you meet your goals of taking good care of the earth. She is an avid DIY crafter, so each thematic chapter includes many projects you can add to your to-do lists that will both save you money and save the earth.
As a blogger, Preston calls herself Mindful Momma, and you can bet Practically Green is written from a momma’s perspective. You’ll find myriads of ideas to take care of your little ones in a non-toxic environment, including safe cleaners and how to read labels on personal products and clothing.
This book has an easy flow and a format made for busy moms with lots of sidebars, easy to find headings and little notes that you can catch at a glance. I love that each chapter gives beginner’s steps yet is comprehensive enough to last the reader through many little changes.
Want to read it?
I can’t say I’ve accomplished everything Preston recommends, but in the spirit of paring down my material things and in honor of my blogoversary, I’m ready to pass on my copy of Practically Green to one of you. And just so you know, I don’t really stalk published bloggers. I just bug them a bunch. 😉
How to Enter:
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED; THANK S FOR ENTERING!
Leave a comment with the title of the last good book you’ve read that you would pass on to a friend.
Extra entries possible! Leave a separate comment for each of the following:
- Tell me if you get my email subscription or reader feed.
- Follow me on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway.
- Grab a subscription (14 days free!) to Kitchen Stewardship, Kindle Edition at Amazon. It’s $1.99/mo. to be able to take KS anywhere your Kindle can go. Is that cool or what? You can get a Kindle there too, of course.
- Sign up for the Soap Nuts giveaway and tell me that you did for an extra entry here!
All entries must be in separate comments.
I will use random.org’s integer generator to choose the commenters who win from my list of commenter emails. The giveaway is only open to U.S. residents. Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, February 26th, and I’ll post the winners by the following Monday.
Random Blogga Facts
I had fun reading the comments on yesterday’s giveaway! The laundry mishaps, oh! And what fun to see how long some of you have been around. You are KS grandmas, some of you! In case you were wondering, here’s what I’ve been up to the past year:
- I’ve written 450 posts (good grief) and 73 static pages
- No laughing – you guys have commented 6,496 times, too, so I’m not the only one with something to say. I’ve also gotten about 5,000 spam comments. Why are people annoying and mean?
- We’ve had 333,240 page views
- I’ve also installed 538 plug-ins and spent 47.6 hours dealing with technical issues, uploaded 6 million and ten photos and written 159 new post ideas down. Right.
Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts
- Recipe Connection: Homemade Granola and Granola Bars (11,581)
- Monday Mission: Homemade Yogurt, the Easy Way (6,205)
- Packing a Lunch: Healthy Food To Go (5,700)
- Recipe Conection: One-Bowl Pumpkin Bread/Muffins (5,506)
- Effective Homemade Deodorant: My Baby Steps Story (4,057)
- How to Clean your Stovetop and Oven, the Simple, Safe, Frugal Way (4,053)
- Real Food Face-Off: Passionate Homemaking vs. Naturally Knocked Up (2,809)
- Natural Kitchen Cleaners: What’s Under my Sink? (2,685)
- The Best Scrambled Eggs Ever (2,538)
- Monday Mission: How to Make your own Homemade Chicken Stock/Broth (2,258)
Top 15 Search Engine Terms (words people search for and then find me):
- homemade granola bars
- kitchen stewardship
- homemade deodorant
- healthy pumpkin muffins
- granola bar recipe
- easy pumpkin muffins
- healthy fruit pizza
- healthy pumpkin bread
- pasta salad for a crowd
- pumpkin muffins healthy
- healthy fruit pizza recipe
- how to clean stove top
- homemade yogurt
- easy pumpkin muffin recipe
- homemade dishwasher detergent
Homemade yogurt should be higher, in my opinion!
Katie’s Top 10 Favorite Posts (in no particular order):
- Homemade yogurt
- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Soul First, Body Second
- Trust in the Promise of your Meal Blessing
- The Ultimate Traditional Real Food
- How to Clean your Oven and Stovetop the Simple, Safe and Frugal Way
- My Relationship with Soap
- Two Paradigms of Healthy Eating
- Legume Recommend Some Beans
- On Conscious Thought
Thank you, dear readers! See you again tomorrow for another fun giveaway and my (hopefully) successful version of Soaked Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes.
Mindful Momma paid no compensation for reviewing this text, although there are some affiliate Amazon links in this post.