- 1 ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour (works just fine with regular whole wheat)
- ¾ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 whole egg
- ½ cup oil or melted butter
- 1 cup mashed bananas (I used VERY ripe bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped (optional – but adds MORE omega-3s!)
- In large mixing bowl, mix together flour, flaxseed, sugar, and baking soda.
- In separate bowl, mix egg, oil, bananas, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Mix wet into dry ingredients.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Use paper muffin cups or spray the muffin pans with non-stick spray.
- Bake large muffins 20-25 minutes (or mini muffins for about 15 minutes) at 350 degrees.
- Makes 12 muffins or 30 mini-muffins.