- 1 c. warm water
- 1 pkg dry yeast
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1 ¾ c. whole-wheat flour
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp.
- 1 tsp.
- In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and honey. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine both flours with salt. Add flour mixture to yeast and work to form dough.
- Knead for 2 minutes.
- Evenly coat a large bowl with olive oil.
- Place dough in oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease two baking sheets.
- Punch down dough and divide into two or four balls (depending on whether you want two family pizzas or 4 individuals).
- Flatten and shape into 4-8″ or 2-14″ circles. Top with toppings and bake for 15-25 minutes until crispy. (We liked thin crust better since whole wheat gets a bit dense.)