- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp.
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- optional: chopped (Mmmm!)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, cream sugars, butter and oil for a few minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla and egg, beating until well combined.
- Beat in flour, baking soda and salt until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and optional nuts.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart. The smaller cookies make a better shape and don’t spread out so much.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until very light golden brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Recipe also works with sprouted flour, but I added an extra 1/4 cup.
If your first batch spreads out too much, add about 1/4 cup more flour. Another alternative that helps sometimes is to give the dough a rest in the fridge overnight to allow the flour to absorb the liquids.