Quick & easy Air Fryer chicken nuggets that kids will love!
- 2 lbs. ground chicken, turkey, or pork
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1 tsp. desiccated liver (optional)
- 1 c. organic rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. , avocado oil, lard, or tallow
- Blend oats, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder in a food processor until mostly chopped, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the oats in a shallow dish.
- Blend the ground meat, salt, and liver in the food processor until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Form meat into 1-2″ balls.
- Roll each ball in the oat mixture to coat, set it on a baking sheet, and gently press to desired nugget thickness (1/2″ works well).
- Repeat until all nuggets are ready.
- Preheat the oven to 200-degrees F.
- Heat Air Fryer to 375-degrees F and set the timer for 13 minutes.
- Allow the Air Fryer to heat for 3 minutes.
- Pause the timer and add 1 Tbsp. of oil to coat the bottom.
- Add as many nuggets will fit in a single layer.
- Turn on the Air Fryer and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Pause and flip the nuggets. Cook for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Repeat this until all of the nuggets are cooked, adding more oil as needed.
- Place finished nuggets on a baking sheet in a warm oven until all nuggets have been cooked.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you do not have an Air Fryer, you can bake the chicken nuggets on a greased baking pan at 400-degrees F for 20-25 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Serving Size: 4-5 nuggets
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 391mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
Keywords: kid-friendly, kid food, copycat