If you love spicy, you’ll love this fish seasoning even if you don’t love fish!
- In an empty spice jar or small bowl, make the blackening seasoning by combining all of the above dry spices.
- The mix stores great for as many fish dinners as you can cover.
- To cook the fish:
- Heat a heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) on high for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle St. Peter’s Fish Seasoning liberally on both sides of the fish. (I like to sprinkle it on the fish on a plate, flip them seasoning side down in the cast iron, then sprinkle side #2. Less touching of fish that way.)
- Sear fillets in hot skillet for about 2-3 minutes on each side and flip with a fish spatula. They are cooked through when they flake when you lift a fork in the middle.