This simple, quick, real food dessert dip is gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based, and budget-friendly!
- 1 3/4 cups cooked white beans or chickpeas (canned or home cooked)
- 3/4 cup nut butter of your choice
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon (if using home cooked beans and/or salt-free nut butter)
- 2–4 tbsp milk (dairy-free works!)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, to taste (optional)
Optional Dippers: graham crackers, sliced apples, bananas, pretzels
- Combine all ingredients except milk and chocolate chips in a food processor and puree until very smooth (1-2 minutes, depending on how powerful your machine is), thinning with milk as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Stir in chocolate chips and eat with a spoon, or serve with chopped fruit and graham crackers.
You can use any kind of nut butter (see post for notes) – we love peanut butter! If you use tahini, start with 1/4 cup and taste, adding more as needed for desired flavor and texture.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbs
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 132 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
Keywords: sweet, healthy, vegan