A simple frozen dessert made with bananas and chocolate.
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (use allergen-friendly ones if needed)
- sucker sticks or popsicle sticks (optional)
- Slice the bananas into 3/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Place them flat on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Use a wide straw to make a hole in the middle of each banana slice.
- Slide a sucker or popsicle stick through the slice, bottom to top.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Fill the holes with the melted chocolate (a syringe or small spoon works well), making sure to tap it down to the bottom.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer until the bananas are frozen, 10 – 20 minutes.
- Place the bananas in a covered container and store in the freezer.
You can make the banana slices thicker for a larger treat.
You can dip the frozen bananas into melted chocolate for an even more decadent treat.