- 3 c. homemade cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 c. plain homemade yogurt+ 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar + 1 Tbs. lemon juice + 1/2 tsp. garlic powder OR 3/4 c. homemade mayo
- 1/2 c. milk
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 2+ Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 4 c. cooked chicken
- 6 thinly sliced or shredded potatoes, skins on or off
- 3 sliced carrots
- 1 chopped onion, optional
- Shredded cheddar and Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Stir in the chicken, potatoes and carrots.
- Put in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Uncover, add shredded cheddar and Parmesan cheese (because everything’s better with cheese!)
- Bake 15-30 minutes longer until potatoes are done.
- Serves: 8
- (Works great cut in half!)
Thanks to one of my faithful readers who recommended flipping a cookie sheet over as a lid, I now have a safe cookware substitution for an aluminum foil “lid” as well!
To Freeze: Bake all the way or within 15 minutes of “done” but don’t add the cheese. Freeze in casserole dish, well wrapped. Thaw completely (or add to the cooking time) and heat through until bubbly, probably about 30 minutes at 350F. Add cheeses as instructed for the last 10-15 minutes.