A simple, allergen-free caramel sauce perfect for dipping apples or drizzling over ice cream.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Heat over medium-high heat, whisking periodically, until bubbling.
- Turn heat down to medium and whisk continuously while bubbling until thickened, about 60-90 seconds.
- Remove from heat and pour into a glass container.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Store, covered, at room temperature for up to a week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve cold or warmed with apples, pears, graham crackers, or on ice cream.
- You can replace the rice milk with almond milk.
- You can replace the sunbutter with peanut butter or almond butter. Just be sure the nut butter is completely smooth.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbs.
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: healthy dessert, kid-approved