A great way to take advantage of avocados when they are on sale! Make a big batch of guacamole and freeze it for later!
- 12 avocados
- 6–8 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tbsp lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1–3 tsp salt
- Wash, cut, pit and peel avocados.
- Dice avocados and transfer to large bowl.
- Finely dice the garlic and add to avocados.
- Sprinkle avocados with , lime juice and .
- Mash everything together with a potato masher or fork until mostly smooth (some chunks are fine).
- If using freezer bags, fill bag with about 1 1/2 cups of guacamole. Squeeze air out, zip bag shut, flatten and place in the freezer on a cookie sheet.
- If using mason jars or other freezer container, fill with about 1 1/2 cups guacamole and smooth the surface to make it even. Cover with a thin layer of olive oil to prevent browning.
- To use, thaw the guacamole overnight in the fridge. To speed up thawing, place bag/jar/container in cool to room temperature water for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer guacamole to serving bowl and mix well.
- If desired, chopped cilantro, jalapeño peppers, tomatoes or onions can be added just before serving.