A gluten free twisted cookie with chocolate and mint flavors.
- 1/2 c. “whole grain” gluten-free flour (sorghum, amaranth, brown rice)
- 1/4 c. starchy gluten-free flour (tapioca, white rice, cassava)
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder or carob powder
- 1/4 c. organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. butter, melted (or palm shortening, lard or coconut oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!))
- 2 – 3 Tbs. honey
- Heat the oven to 350*F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the chocolate dough. Combine with hands until a ball of dough forms. Start with 2 Tbs. honey. Add more honey if the dough is not holding together.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the peppermint dough. Combine with hands until a ball of dough forms. Start with 3 Tbsp. honey. Add more honey if the dough is not holding together.
- Break small chunks of dough off of the chocolate ball. Roll into long snakes. Repeat with the peppermint dough.
- Twist the snakes together. (Or create any shapes you want.)
- Place the twists on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely for the dough to harden.
* Some of the peppermint flavor will bake out. The dough should taste overly minty before baking.
* You can melt chocolate chips over a double boiler and dip cookies half way for a more festive look. Allow to cool on a parchment lined baking sheet in the refrigerator.