A creamy, comforting, allergy-friendly, clean version of our favorite Italian-American casserole.
- 8 oz. gluten-free lasagna noodles or penne pasta
- 1/2–1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 1/2 24-oz. jars marinara sauce
- 1 batch of Dairy-Free Magic Sauce (cashew cream)
- Salt (Use the code kitchenstewardship for 15% off of your first purchase)
- 1/4 c. raw
- 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of oregano and basil (optional)
To Make the Vegan Parmesan:
- Toss all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until it all becomes dry crumbs and all the bigger chunks of cashews are processed.
To Make the Lasagna:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Brown the meat in a saucepan over medium heat, adding a pinch of salt while cooking. Stir the marinara sauce into the meat, reserving 2 cups of sauce for topping the pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In an 8×8-inch baking dish, scoop a small amount of sauce and meat into the center and use a spoon to spread it out, making a thin layer across the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread half of the pasta across the top of the sauce. Then scoop the magic sauce (cashew cream) on top of the pasta. Use a spoon to spread it evenly. Add about half of the remaining meat and marinara sauce on top of that. Layer on the rest of the pasta, then the remaining meat sauce, and finally the reserved sauce on top of that to make an even topping. Sprinkle with vegan parmesan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1-1.5 cups
- Calories: 465
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 700mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
Keywords: comfort food, creamy, easy dinner