A simple, gluten-free puffy pancake that can feed a crowd.
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 6 pastured eggs
- 1 1/2 c. milk or milk substitute
- 1 c. sorghum or brown rice flour
- 1/2 c. white rice or
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. psyllium seed husk
- pinch real
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the butter in a 9×13″ dish and place it in the oven for the butter to melt.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Remove the pan from the oven and tip back and forth to distribute the butter.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until puffy and golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or fruit topping.
To make this dairy-free you can use a milk substitute and coconut oil.
- Serving Size: 1/6th a pan
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 122mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 9.5
- Cholesterol: 189mg
Keywords: kid-friendly, dutch baby, one pan breakfast