A sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy snack mix that kids will love to make and eat.
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes or pieces (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 – 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts or chopped almonds (optional)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 325F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients and mix.
- In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup.
- Pour the coconut oil over the dry mix and stir until well-combined.
- Spread the mixture on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Store in a covered container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to a year.
- The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- The snack mix is ready to eat straight from the freezer.
- The snack mix also works as a yogurt topping or cereal.