- Combine dry ingredients.
- In the pot you used to melt the coconut oil, mix wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together and stir well.
- Pour into 9×13 pan or a cookie sheet.
- Toast in a 350 degree oven.
- Stir after 10 minutes, then more frequently until browned (every 5 minutes).
- Store in an airtight container.
Variation: You can also bake at 250 degrees for 30-60 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the granola inside overnight to crisp up.
Soaked Variation: Because raw oats are going to be tough to digest, I almost always make the “soaked” version nowadays, which is why the photos are all crispy chunks. It tastes even better! I just soak the oats overnight in 1 cup water with a tablespoon of whey and continue with the recipe (minus the water).
Dehydrated Variation: When making soaked granola, you can dehydrate instead of toasting, 12-24 hours at 115-145F.