This recipe, inspired by America’s Test Kitchen, will guarantee a flavorful and moist chicken each time! For an extra flavor boost, consider sautéing onion and garlic in a separate skillet and then add it to the slow cooker when you roast the chicken.
- Pour water into the slow cooker.
- Place chicken into the slow cooker BREAST SIDE DOWN. This is crucial to ensure moist meat.
- Add bay leaves and fresh herbs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and turn to low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, check for doneness. Breast should register 165*F and thighs 170*F.
- Remove from chicken from crock and let rest for 15 minutes, tented with foil (ideally) or a large baking pan.
- Carve and serve.