- 1 large handful of a dried herb of your choice (see suggestions below)
- 2–3 Tablespoons of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon (or avocado, coconut or your favourite)
- 3–4 Tablespoons of distilled water
- Put herbs into a coffee grinder or place in a mortar and grind into a powder.
- Add the into the grinder and mix with the herbs.
- Add the water and stir.
- Lastly, stir in the oil you have chosen and mix well.
- Use immediately — or refrigerate and use later the same day!
- Suggested herbs: chamomile, calendula, rose, lavender, plantain leaves, oatstraw, basil, scented geraniums, anise, hyssop, fresh bay leaves, lemon balm leaves and chopped vanilla pods. The list is limitless!
- If this project is for gift giving, mix the herbs and salt in the recipe, reserving the oil and water for later. Mix the herbs and salt together and place in a glass jar. Adorn with a pretty ribbon and the following directions: “Add ½ tsp of olive oil + 3 tbsp water. Mix together. Your special scrub is ready for skin softening decadence!”