- Use this amount for 1 pound of any ground meat.
- Either brown the meat in a pan and add the seasonings when nearly done, stirring around and enjoying the amazing aroma, OR
- Incorporate into one pound of raw ground meat and form patties with your hands. Cook thorougly.
- Homemade sausage can definitely be made in bulk and frozen in one pound packages. You can pop just a little bit out, 1/8-1/4 of a pound, to add to eggs for an amazing and frugal breakfast experience!
- Bulk seasoning: Stir ingredients together and store in an airtight jar (I recommend larger quantities to store like this; try 10xing the recipe). Use 3-4 teaspoons per pound ground meat, depending on if you add the optional herbs.
The cayenne is definitely “to taste” and 1/4 teaspoon makes it very hot, but SO good in soup and pasta. The sage adds a bit of that classic “Italian” flavor, and you could also use Italian seasoning. (Sage is the main flavor in Thanksgiving stuffing, if you’re not familiar with it. It’s very comforting in sausage.)