- 1–2 turnips peeled and diced in 1/4″ cubes
- 1 golden beet peeled and diced
- 10 Brussels sprouts halved
- 7–8 baby onions halved, or 1–2 medium onions, wedged
- extra virgin olive oil
- dried dill
- Layer all the cut veggies except the Brussels sprouts in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Toss with olive oil (I like to do it right in the casserole dish to save dishes).
- Sprinkle a generous layer of dill on top and to taste.
- Bake at 400-450F for 40-60 minutes until vegetables are tender (lightly browned is best), adding the Brussels sprouts in after the first 15-20 minutes (they cook faster).
Use this idea with lot of different veggies and spices to create new side dishes every night.
Swap out rutabaga, sweet potatoes, cabbage, carrots, leeks, bell peppers, or cauliflower.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 88mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: vegetable, root vegetable, dill