Looking for an allergy-friendly meal to wow your friends and family? This mouth-watering recipe will leave you asking for extra helpings, while blowing you away with its dump-and-go easy prep.
- 1 Tbs. cumin (make it heaping if you like spicy)
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. chipotle dried spice
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 bay leaves
- For the slow cooker I like to use a 3-5 pound chuck roast.
- For the Instant Pot I use 2-4 pounds Beef Stew Meat (or roast cut into 1-2″ squares).
- In a large crockpot or your Instant Pot, combine wet and dry ingredients. Swirl with a spoon to combine.
- Scoop out 1 Tbs. of mixture and SET ASIDE in a jar in your refrigerator. (Don’t do this if you have already added raw meat!!!)
- Add meat.
- For slow cooker – Cook on low 6-8 hours. For instant pot – Check the seal, secure the lid, close the sealing valve. Select MANUAL pressure for 30 minutes if using cut up beef or 60-90 minutes depending on the size of your roast if you prefer to toss the whole chuck roast in without cutting it up.
- For Instant Pot – Once the program is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- When finished cooking, REMOVE BAY LEAF.
- Shred beef, incorporating the liquid (this is where your flavor is!).
- Spoon reserved mixture from fridge over the meat, which helps brighten the flavor.
- Serve with chips, lettuce, cheese, and your other favorite taco toppings. For a Paleo version – Serve with cauliflower rice, plantain chips, lettuce, avocado, and/or tomatoes.
No grassfed beef in your area? ButcherBox is an online source that is just awesome. Get free Paleo-approved bacon on your first order HERE.