- Wash cauliflower and trim off the leaves. Usually this means you’ll chop it into a few large pieces.
- Put all the pieces into the steamer insert in an Instant Pot (or other pressure cooker).
- Pour one cup water under the cauliflower and steamer basket.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the valve is closed.
- Set on manual for one minute. (It will take about 10 minutes to get up to pressure.)
- After the cook timer beeps, open the valve to quick-release the pressure. (This takes about 2 minutes.)
- Remove the cauliflower to a plate.
- Pour out the water in the pot.
- Return the pot to the cooker and press cancel, then the saute button.
- Add the oil to the pot, then the cooked cauliflower.
- Break up with a potato masher.
- Add desired spices while stirring and heating. and parsley makes a pretty basic cauli rice ready for any saucy dish on top.
- Use the optional spices and serve with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice for a delicious “cilantro lime” version, or try your own! You can shake a few seasonings in, taste it, and keep trying things.
- Serve warm with any main dish. (Be sure to turn the saute function off once the seasonings are mixed through and you’ve toasted the cauli rice a bit. You don’t want it to burn and there’s no “low” on an Instant Pot!)
- Serving Size: 1/4 head
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: .5g
- Sodium: 155g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 1.3g
- Fiber: .5g
- Protein: .5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg