This recipe was adapted from a slow cooker recipe and worked great in the Instant Pot! Make it grain-free with lots of side veggies or serve over rice. So fast, easy, and delish!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp.
- about 4 lbs. chicken – breasts, thighs, or a combo (whatever you have)
- optional: 1/2-1 tsp. lemon zest
- Mix the coconut milk, lemon juice and spices together in a bowl or glass measuring cup. (Don’t worry about incorporating that large chunk of coconut cream from the top of the can of coconut milk; just mix the liquidy part together.)
- Pour a little bit on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add the chicken.
- Pour in the rest, including the coconut cream chunk if you’ve got one, on top of the chicken.
- Lock in the lid and close the valve.
- Turn the IP to “poultry” which should be 15 minutes at high pressure.
- If working with frozen chicken breasts, add 10 minutes to the cook time and you should be fine (although I haven’t tested this yet).
- It will take about 20 minutes to get to pressure.
- After the 15 minute cook time, use the quick release by opening the valve.
- Test chicken for doneness by cutting open and observing the center (if you see any pink, turn the IP back on for another 5-10 minutes on manual high pressure – it will heat up much quicker because everything is already so hot).
- Use 2 forks to shred the chicken up in the pot (or remove to a plate if you’re having trouble getting it all in the pot).
- Optional: Add 1/2-1 tsp. lemon zest after cooking.
- Serve with steamed or roasted veggies or over rice.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 612
- Sugar: .3g
- Sodium: 397mg
- Fat: 25.5g
- Saturated Fat: 16.9g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2g
- Fiber: .5g
- Protein: 89.4g
- Cholesterol: 233mg