This is a quick, delicious weeknight meal, easy to make, family-friendly, and loaded with clean ingredients and real food.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 c. celery, diced
- 2 c. carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch discs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. (optional)
- 2 c. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 c. cabbage, shredded (or other veggies, see notes)
- Two 14.5-oz cans of
- 4–6 c. vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. thyme or oregano
- , to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté mode. Brown the meat. When it is cooked, remove it from the pot and set it aside.
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot and let it heat for just a few minutes. Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute, then add the tomato paste (if using) and cook for another minute.
- After building that flavor, add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Stir it all together, top it with the lid, and seal it. Cook it on the high-pressure setting for 8 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper until the flavors sing.
- Scoop the soup into bowls and top with shredded cheese or sour cream (or both!).
Instead of cabbage, try adding other vegetables. We like shredded zucchini, chopped greens, peas, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 798mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
Keywords: Seasonal recipe, winter vegetables, comfort food