This dinner is quick and easy, but looks fancy and tastes delicious!
- 1 1/4 lbs. potatoes, cubed (baby, red, or yellow)
- 1 c. water
- 4 Tbs. butter or oil (divided)
- Salt (Use the code kitchenstewardship for 15% off of your first purchase)
- 1 1/4 lbs salmon, cut into 4 fillets
- 1 lemon, sliced into wheels (optional)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (or 3–4 cloves, minced)
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 c. mustard
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. olive oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!)
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic)
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt (Use the code kitchenstewardship for 15% off of your first purchase)
- Put the potatoes in the bottom of your Instant pot. Cover them with the water and top with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the metal Instant Pot insert on top of the potatoes. Carefully lay the salmon fillets on the insert and sprinkle them generously with salt and pepper. Put a slice of lemon on each fillet.
- Close and seal the lid of your Instant Pot. Cook on the manual setting for 3 minutes (5 minutes if the salmon is frozen).
- While the salmon and potatoes are cooking, stir or blend together the honey mustard ingredients. You can whisk them together in a small bowl or use a blender if you prefer a thick, creamy texture. If you desire a thinner consistency, thin it with up to 1/2 cup of water.
- As soon as the cook timer goes off, use the quick-release valve to release the steam. Remove the lid. Use oven mitts to lift the insert out of the Instant Pot. Set it on a plate and let the salmon rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, set the Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Add the garlic and remaining oil. When the water begins to bubble, stir and mash the potatoes with a potato masher. The water will absorb quickly, so stir it frequently. When the mashed potatoes reach your desired texture, turn off the Instant Pot.
- Serve the salmon and potatoes with a salad, topping both the salmon and the salad with the honey mustard dressing.
If you want to cook the salmon without potatoes, simply pour 1 cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, place the insert in the water, and place the salmon on the insert. Season and cook as directed (3 minutes for thawed salmon, 5 for frozen).
- Serving Size: 1 fillet of salmon and 1 cup of potatoes
- Calories: 659
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 305mg
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
Keywords: comfort food, quick dinner, fancy dinner