A simple, plant-based, budget-friendly soup recipe you can make out of staples from your pantry and freezer!
- Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting and let it heat up for a few minutes.
- Add oil. Add onion and sauté it until tender.
- Stir in garlic, turmeric, and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in lentils, broth, greens, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir well.
- Pour enough water into the pot to cover the lentils by one inch.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Set it to Manual and cook for 20 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, let it release pressure naturally.
- Add salt to taste. Serve warm with salad or fresh homemade bread.
If you don’t need this recipe to be vegan or vegetarian you can use any type of broth. Here is my simple, budget-friendly 5-minute bone broth recipe. We make it nearly every week!
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 384 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: pantry staples, comfort foods, budget-friendly