A quick chili in the Instant that is free of nightshades.
- Add the liver and some to the meat. Brown in a pan on the stove or in the instant pot on the sautee setting.
- Rinse the beans.
- Add the cooked meat, beans, pumpkin, broth, water, carrots and seasoning to the Instant Pot.
- Turn to the beans/chili setting for 30 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release.
- Stir in the corn.
- Serve plain or topped with cheese, sour cream and avocado.
You can use any kind of bean you like. Follow Katie’s bean chart and adjust the cook time to match the beans.
To make this chili AIP friendly simply swap the beans for more veggies like chopped zucchini or cauliflower. Add them after the chili is cooked so they don’t turn mushy. Simply turn on the sautee setting for a few minutes so they aren’t raw.