A simple, allergen-friendly smoothie perfect for adding nutrients to a young child’s diet.
- 1/4 c. cooked squash or pumpkin
- 1 tsp. – 2 Tbsp. grass-fed collagen
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. activated charcoal
- 1 dose powdered probiotic
- 2 tsp. tapioca flour, arrowroot, cassava flour, cornstarch or potato starch (for thickness and extra carbohydrates)
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!), melted coconut oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!), lard or tallow
- 1/2 tsp. grated raw liver
- 1 raw egg yolk (if not allergic)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until well pureed and foamy. Adjust the squash/ /maple syrup/ ratios to taste.
- Serve in a sippy cup or a regular cup with a straw.
- Squash milk can be served and stored at room temperature all day. Refrigerate if saving over night.
** The squash or pumpkin can be replaced with sweet potato, avocado, carrot or banana.
** If your child has never had collagen start with a smaller amount and increase it each time you serve this beverage.