- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into small pieces
- 5 eggs
- Bacon grease (you can substitute other fats or oils, but you can’t beat the flavor!)
- pepper to taste and
- Heat the bacon grease over medium heat. Add the diced potatoes. Stir occasionally and be patient! The temperature can be just a smidge over medium. The idea is that you need to heat them long enough to cook through without burning the outside. You may need to add more bacon grease. I usually end up using about 2 tablespoons.
- Once the inside is cooked and the outside is just beginning to crisp, add the broccoli. Cook for a few minutes longer.
- Crack the eggs over the vegetables. Let them cook for a minute and then stir. Cook and stir until the eggs are done. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy! (And add chili sauce if you want to be adventurous!)