Cake-like pumpkin spice bites that are free of grains and refined sugar, while including healthy protein, fat, and fiber! A healthy fall breakfast that feels like dessert.
- 3/4 c. pumpkin puree (fresh for canned)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 3 Tbs. coconut oil, melted (or butter or avocado oil)
- 3 Tbs. maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 c. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. psyllium husk powder
- 1 Tbs. grassfed collagen (use the coupon KS10 for 10% off!)
- 1/4 tsp. unrefined sea salt (Use the code kitchenstewardship for 15% off of your first purchase)
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves (optional)
- Heat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-size bowl and stir until combined.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, flattening slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Eat warm or cooled.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- These can be prepared in advance and served cool.
- Recipe easily doubles.
- Serving Size: 3-4 breakfast bites
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Keywords: kid-friendly, kid food, seasonal