Warm and creamy nutrient packed oatmeal for a quick morning breakfast!
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice (or 1/4 each: nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon)
- Pinch of salt
- The night before, stir together oats and water in your Instant Pot.
- Close the lid, seal it, and set it to Manual Setting for 10 minutes. Use the Delay Start feature to set it to start cooking the next morning, about one hour before you plan to serve it. Press Start.
- In a medium-size bowl with a lid, whisk together pumpkin, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt (Use the code kitchenstewardship for 15% off of your first purchase). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, remove the bowl of pumpkin from the fridge. After the Instant Pot has finished cooking and the pressure has released naturally, open the lid and pour in the pumpkin mixture.
- Give it a good stir, then replace the lid and let it sit for about 10 minutes to let everything come to the same temperature.
- Open the lid, scoop the oatmeal into bowls, and top as desired with more milk, maple syrup, and chopped pecans or pepitas.
Rather Use Rolled Oats?
You can use rolled oats too! Simply reduce the cooking time to 6 minutes.
Didn’t Think Ahead?
If you decide not to soak the oats overnight, stir all of the ingredients into the Instant Pot and cook on Manual Setting for 10 minutes, letting the pressure release naturally.
Use dairy-free milk – we like almond or coconut.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 8 grams
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 39 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 7 grams
Keywords: pumpkin spice, steel cut oats, instant pot, quick breakfast, kids can make