A simple and easy appetizer that is sure to please at any party!
- About an hour or two before beginning, pull cream cheese out of the fridge to soften.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Protect your hands, using food handling gloves (and maybe eye protection).
- Wash peppers, dry and slice each pepper in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes. Arrange peppers, hollow side up, on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Mix softened cream cheese, shredded cheese and Worcestershire sauce in a medium sized bowl. If adding optional spices, add just a pinch at a time and adjust to taste.
- Add a scoop of the cheese mixture to the hollow of each jalapeño pepper half. Press into place.
- If using bacon, cut the bacon slices in half, making 24 strips of bacon.
- Wrap each strip around a cheese filled jalapeño and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden (and bacon is cooked, if using bacon)
If baking pre-made frozen poppers, be sure to add 2-3 minutes additional baking time. No need to thaw them first – just pull out to the freezer, place them in a baking sheet and put them in the oven.