Quinoa is one of my favorite hearty cold salad ingredients, and using it in my Americanized version of tabbouleh makes an easy, healthy quinoa recipe.
- 1 c. dry quinoa
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. olive oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (Use the code kitchenstewardship for 15% off of your first purchase)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 c. finely chopped flat parsley (2 bunches)
- 1/4–1/2 c. chopped fresh mint (optional but really good)
- 3 green onions (green and white parts), diced very small
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped, or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. You can either make it ahead of time and let it cool down in the fridge or if you’re pinched for time, spread it on a baking sheet and pop it in the freezer for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the , lemon juice, garlic, , and pepper. Pour the cooled quinoa into a large bowl and add the parsley, optional mint, onions, tomatoes, and cucumber. Pour the dressing over the top and give everything a good stir. For the best flavor, cover and refrigerate several hours before serving.
- Serve with: grilled chicken, greek roast, hummus, pita.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 256mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: summer salad, leftover quinoa, vegan meals