- ~7 c. shredded raw cabbage (use about 1/2 of a small red cabbage + 1/4-1/3 large green cabbage)
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder or 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!)
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- pepper to taste
- optional: diced red onion
- optional: crumbled goat cheese or feta to top
- optional: add sliced artichoke hearts
- Shred the cabbage to the desired size.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the dill, , garlic, ACV, , lemon juice and pepper.
- Allow to sit a few minutes for the flavors to meld, then taste. Add more of just about anything as desired.
- Top with optional onion and/or cheese (highly recommended, yum!)
- Best served after about an hour so all the flavors can come together. Still good the following day, and then the quality declines after that.
* This salad is a great starter to just about any meal, any time of year. Cabbage is inexpensive and a powerhouse of nutrition. Feel free to use only green or only red cabbage instead of a mixture.
* Use up the rest of your cabbage in the recipes below!
* Would not freeze well.