Adapted From Tropical Traditions
- 2 eggs (how to find quality eggs)
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!), melted
- scant Tbs real maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. coconut flour (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!), sifted
- small pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- ½–2/3 c .yogurt cheese
- ½–1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- Use a whisk to mix together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond extract and salt. Be sure to whisk the coconut oil quickly as the cold eggs may cause it to firm up again.
- Stir in the coconut flour (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!) and spices, then the milk. You should have a thin batter ready to pour.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. This is one instance I was happy to use non-stick, because I didn’t want to fight with each crepe. If you have a great cast iron pan with a small diameter, that would be another great option.
- When hot, melt a tiny pat of butter, coconut oil or palm shortening in the pan. Pour a scant ¼ cup of batter in the pan and tilt the pan around to spread a thin layer of batter over nearly the entire bottom of the pan. I recommend you start tilting the pan as you pour the batter for best success in spreading the batter before it cooks.Cook 1-2 minutes, or until batter is bubbly and looks dry and cooked around the edges. You could really set a timer for a minute; it’s almost exactly that long!Flip the crepe all at once with the largest spatula you have, and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes more, or until done.
- Mix well, beating slightly with a whisk or fork, until you have a nice creamy filling. Line the insides of your crepes with filling and frozen cherries (other berries would be delicious as well).
Optional: for presentation’s sake, you might dust the tops of the crepes with cinnamon, powdered sugar or shredded coconut (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!), and slivered almonds make a nice accent as well.