Adapted From Tropical Traditions
- 2 eggs (how to find quality eggs)
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!), melted
- scant Tbs real maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. coconut flour (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!), sifted
- small pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- ½–2/3 c .yogurt cheese
- ½–1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- Use a whisk to mix together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond extract and . Be sure to whisk the coconut oil quickly as the cold eggs may cause it to firm up again.
- Stir in the coconut flour (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!) and spices, then the milk. You should have a thin batter ready to pour.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. This is one instance I was happy to use non-stick, because I didn’t want to fight with each crepe. If you have a great cast iron pan with a small diameter, that would be another great option.
- When hot, melt a tiny pat of butter, coconut oil or palm shortening in the pan. Pour a scant ¼ cup of batter in the pan and tilt the pan around to spread a thin layer of batter over nearly the entire bottom of the pan. I recommend you start tilting the pan as you pour the batter for best success in spreading the batter before it cooks.Cook 1-2 minutes, or until batter is bubbly and looks dry and cooked around the edges. You could really set a timer for a minute; it’s almost exactly that long!Flip the crepe all at once with the largest spatula you have, and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes more, or until done.
- Mix well, beating slightly with a whisk or fork, until you have a nice creamy filling. Line the insides of your crepes with filling and frozen cherries (other berries would be delicious as well).
Optional: for presentation’s sake, you might dust the tops of the crepes with cinnamon, powdered sugar or shredded coconut (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!), and slivered almonds make a nice accent as well.