- 1/3 c. pecans
- 8 oz. medjool dates, pitted
- 1/8 tsp.
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 rounded tsp. ginger powder
- 1/2 rounded tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c.+ mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life to be dairy and soy free)
- Organic palm shortening or butter if not dairy free
- , coconut flakes, chopped chocolate ect. to roll the truffles in
- In a food processor blend together the pecans, dates, vanilla, and spices until everything is well chopped and comes together in a ball.
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and blend in until the friction melts them (another minute or two).
- Grease a 9×9 or similar size pan with the butter/shortening. Spread the chocolate mixture into it and pat down until even and smooth. If desired sprinkle with chocolate chips and press in, this adds a fun texture to the truffles.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up. Cut into small squares, I did a 5×5 grid so 25 balls.
- Roll each square of the mixture into a ball. Roll in , chopped pecans, coconut, chopped nuts ect. whatever floats your boat.
- Serve straight out of the fridge for a firmer truffle or at room temperature for a soft and slightly sticky one.