- 1 c. cooked quinoa*
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds, ground finely in food processor
- 1/2 c. , ground finely in food processor
- 1/4 c. dried apricots, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 c. honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 c. shredded unsweetened coconut (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½–¾ tsp. unrefined sea
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop Vital Whey protein powder (optional)
- *Soak 1 cup dry quinoa overnight in water and either rinse and cook right away or set to sprout for 2-4 days. To cook: Mix with 2 cups milk or 1 can coconut milk. Bring to a boil, stir, and lower to simmer, covered, for 30 minutes (no stirring). This will make enough for two 9×13 pans of bars or you can eat the cooked quinoa on top of yogurt with blueberries, cinnamon, and maple syrup. You can also freeze extras for future batches. If you only want enough for one recipe, use ¼ c. quinoa and ½ c. milk.
- Once quinoa is cooked and ready, simply mix all the ingredients together with a spoon or a mixer, then spread in a greased 8×8-inch glass baking pan.
- The batter/dough will be rather moist; don’t worry.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until firm to the touch in the center and browning on the edges.
- Cool completely in the pan, then cut into 16 2×2-inch squares.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
3.3 g of protein per 2×2? bar