A simple version of chicken piccata cooked on one pan.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. or white rice flour, divded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small jar capers
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 large or 2 small spaghetti squash. sliced in rounds, seeds removed
- 5 cups green beans, snipped and cut
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin or avocado oil
- 1 tsp. , divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp. onion powder, divided
- Heat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Place spaghetti squash and beans on large baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Add salt, onion powder, and garlic powder to beans.
- Bake 20 minutes in preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, place 2 Tbsp. flour on a plate. Lightly coat chicken breasts in flour and season with salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and place chicken breasts on pan, top down.
- Return pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip chicken breasts and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken and veggies are cooking, melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 1/2 Tbsp. flour to the butter and cook, whisking for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, and capers. Cook 1 minute, whisking.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove pan from the oven. Use a fork to create the spaghetti squash strands.
- Serve chicken over spaghetti squash. Pour sauce over top.
- Serve the beans on the side.
- If you have selective eaters, you can reduce or eliminate the lemon juice and/or capers.
- Capers may be served on the side instead of in the sauce.
- Calories: 658
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 1900mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 84g
- Cholesterol: 220mg
Keywords: one pan, easy dinner, kid-friendly