- 2 c. dairy-free milk
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 c. flour (whole grain, white, and spelt all work here)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbs melted butter, coconut oil, or other oil
Optional Soaking Step (for whole grain flour):
- The night before making pancakes, combine the milk with the lemon juice or vinegar. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir the flour and milk mixture together in a glass bowl. Cover and let it sit overnight on the counter or in the fridge.
The Next Morning:
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Thoroughly grease 2 baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour half of the pancake batter onto each baking sheet in an even layer. If necessary, use a spatula to spread the batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Leftover or Meal Prepping Hack: Freeze leftover pancakes between sheets of parchment paper, foil, or plastic wrap. When ready to reheat, forego the microwave and pop them in the toaster!
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 487mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Keywords: one pan, whole wheat, real food, kid-friendly