Soaked gluten free squash cookies make the perfect grab ‘n’ go breakfast or lunch box treat.
- 1 c. sorghum or brown rice flour
- 1/4 c. warm water
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. pureed butternut squash (or pumpkin, carrot or sweet potato)
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. grass-fed gelatin
- optional: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- optional: 1/4 – 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips, dried fruit and/or nuts
- In a large bowl combine the flour, water, lemon juice and oil.
- Cover and let sit for 7-24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the squash, honey, egg yolks, salt, soda and to the soaked flour and beat well.
- Stir in fruit, chocolate and/or nuts if desired.
- Scoop 2 Tbsp. mounds onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
This cookie freezes well and thaws very quickly.